How you behave in the workplace can sometimes do more harm than good. To gain respect and build a good reputation you need to be self-aware and pay attention to your behaviour in the workplace.
Being approachable, friendly and considerate of others... after all, good manners cost nothing!
Here’s our ‘Good Manners Guide’;
- Properly greet or acknowledge people - even if it’s the first time you’ve met - there’s no harm in making eye contact, giving them a smile or saying “hello”.
- Don’t forget to say please and thank you - politeness can be easily neglected, but it’s so simple to do!
- Avoid disrupting or distracting others in the workplace - talking loudly, interrupting conversations or having non-work-related conversations should be avoided.
- Lend colleagues a hand - refill the printer if you notice its out of paper, offer to make a drink or hold doors open if someone is walking behind you.
- Stick to your commitments - arrive to work on time, don’t be late for meetings and only take allocated breaks.