PMP Recruitment; A Sustainable Business
Posted on in Industry Insights
What makes PMP a sustainable employer?
Sustainability is imperative for any business which wants to be seen as progressive. At PMP we are confident in our ability to provide partners with business solutions which offer; operational excellence, risk management, service innovation, contract development, social mobility and cost savings.
Our commercial partnerships are focussed, agile, impactful, socially engaged, ethical and collaborative. We create value for all stakeholders – a statement which was supported by the client of 15 years, Nestlé, who awarded us Most Sustainable Supplier 2018.
What makes PMP a sustainable employer?
Watch this video to find out what objectives we have achieved to make us a sustainable business:
- We’re a social enterprise on a mission to change lives one community at a time – Our parent company, Cordant Group, is the UK’s largest social enterprise. Committed to financially supporting business improvement and community projects – it’s our mission to change lives, drive innovation and create endless opportunities for our clients, candidates and colleagues. We reinvest profits into; colleague development, improving services and supporting local communities, and strive to create an environment where people can be independent, feel self-resilient and support themselves, and their families.
- We improve, transform and innovate our service to clients beyond the SLA, and offer existing and potential clients added value by continually suggesting ways to improve efficiency – Contract improvement shouldn’t end with the SLA – at PMP our dedicated Business Development team work closely with clients to suggest ways in which our service can add further value and benefit. This may be the introduction of training academies, joint collaboration with back to work providers, the launch of new technology, an introduction of data led processes or offering a professional consultancy in the way of; compliance, learning and development, brand management or legal.
- Our integrated solutions allow us to look after your people and your property – With a proven track record of achieving consistently high standards, our tailored approach combines facilities management and people services in a cost effective, single supplier package. Comprehensive, customer focused, and bespoke to the client this dedicated offering allows us to look after your people and property while you focus on your core business. Services include; cleaning, security, maintenance, occupational health and more. View our Group services here.
- Our National Resource Centre increases business efficiency – The National Resource Centre (NRC) is a dedicated recruitment, contact and data centre, built to support growing client and candidate demands and increase business efficiency through centralised attraction and conversion campaigns. The NRC’s key capabilities are; demand and forecast management, centralisation of operational and contract needs, demographics and conversion reporting. The NRC increases the speed of hire through innovative technology such as; outbound dialing linked to a job application, live job feeds by applicant location and automated SMS and email appointment confirmations.
- Our web-based app speeds up the registration process by 90% – Cordant Connect is a web-based platform developed to facilitate the registration process and manage the flow of candidates, in turn allowing PMP to place talent into roles quickly. Connect speeds up the registration process by 90%, significantly improving candidate engagement and business efficiency, in turn, allowing our people to expertly recruit, background check and onboard candidates. Find out more about Cordant Connect here
- We deliver 1-day hiring events for up to 3,000 job seekers at a time – We offer our clients a fully managed, direct hire event service which involves completing the full recruitment process, from candidate attraction to application, registration to contingent offer of employment in just one day. Our experienced team manage the events, ensuring the hiring process is adhered to, the content is delivered energetically, and the key responsibilities of the role, and culture of the client, are clearly articulated.
- We’re invested in the development of our people – PMP invests apprenticeship levy funds into upskilling both our own, and our clients workforces. This helps us to attract new talent, offer progression to existing colleagues and deliver a skilled, motivated, qualified workforce to our customers. In addition, our dedicated Learning & Development team are equipped with the resource and expertise to deliver bespoke Talent Academies, offering training packages framed around the requirements of both the client and the role.
- We believe in reward and recognition and have schemes in place to ensure our people are celebrated – We’re committed to creating a positive working environment. We want our people to enjoy what they do, and feel appreciated for doing it. When colleagues feel valued their productivity rises, they’re motivated, committed to the role and become advocates of your brand. At PMP we ensure our people have a voice, we promote an open door policy, collect, and listen to, feedback, and create tailored colleague engagement solutions for each client site. Engagement initiatives include; a 12 month engagement calendar, fundraising activities and national recognition awards; Employee/Associate of the Month, Most Valued Person, Unsung Hero shoutouts, and our yearly Colleague Appreciation awards.
- We retain, retrain and redeploy colleagues when their temporary contract ends – Even though we’re a temp recruiter we retain, retrain and redeploy colleagues when their contract ends so they don’t have to return to unemployment. Our Retain, Retrain and Redeploy scheme allows us to deliver the best candidates in the marketplace. We train and upskill through Cordant University, seek out temp to perm opportunities within our network, or place candidates with other clients or Group brands. Find out more about Retain, Retrain and Redeploy here
- We collaborate with over 25 ‘back to work’ providers and charity partners to find employment for disadvantaged and marginalised job seekers – At PMP, we champion inclusion and diversity. We believe that all people deserve an equal opportunity to succeed, transform, improve, develop and fulfill their potential. In 2018 we began our Disability Confident journey, and as a committed employer, we are supporting job seekers with disabilities or health conditions in finding lasting employment. We work with our clients to promote the benefits of employing an enabled workforce. Discover more here
- We are Stronger Together business partners, UN Global Compact members and confederates of the GLAA
We were the first recruitment company to join the United Nations Global Compact and have recently published our fourth annual communications of the progress report. We have aligned our achievement and values with the UN compact principles which covers Human Rights, Labour, the Environment and Anti-Corruption. As partners of Stronger Together, and by working closely with the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) we ensure we promote, mitigate and manage risk relating to the protection of vulnerable and exploited workers.
- We care about our environmental and ethical footprint, and ensure our supply chain operates with the same standards – our Working Green strategy targets energy and carbon use, water consumption, waste generation and minimisation and refuse initiatives – We have developed policies and procedures to ensure the prevention of pollution and preservation of natural resources. We have recently reduced fuel expenses by 14% (2017-2018). We recognise that it’s our corporate social responsibility, to the local community and to the environment as a whole, to reduce the environmental impact caused through our operation. We are committed to developing a continuous improvement in our policies, procedures and systems – taking action to influence and improve all environmental issues.